An accurate, robust and easy-to-use rising plate pasture meter for measuring pasture cover in grass paddocks.
An accurate, robust and easy-to-use rising plate pasture meter for measuring pasture cover in grass paddocks. The unique folding handle design and removable plate also make the Jenquip Manual Folding Plate Meter easy to transport, store and carry between paddocks.
The hand-calibrated aluminium plate produces highly repeatable results for accuracy that’s second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples, a method that’s impractical on-farm. The result is a series of accurate measurements of grass height that also accounts for any variation in pasture density.
Two simple counters total the meter readings taken and count the number of individual readings, allowing quick and easy calculation of an average reading for each paddock.
A comprehensive instruction handbook is included with each Manual Folding Plate Meter.
- Accurate measurement — second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples.
- Measurement range — 0-250mm of compressed pasture height (0-400mm with optional Extended Shaft).
- Folding handle — for easy transport and storage.
- Simple to use — cumulative pasture counter automatically totals pasture height readings.
- Hand-calibrated — ensures readings taken by all Jenquip Folding Plate Meters are comparable.
- Repairable — without changing reading accuracy, allowing new results to be compared to old.
- Reliable — high quality materials and accurate manufacturing ensure reliability and long service life.
- Adjustable — sample counter position can be adjusted to suit individual preferences.