WaterScout SMEC 300 Soil Moisture, Temperature, EC Sensor
Track soil moisture, salts, and soil temperature: all with a single sensor!
Whether it’s container pots in a greenhouse or turf on a putting green, the salinity of the root zone is a critical element for healthy plant growth. Irrigation, fertilizers, and crop demand all impact salt concentrations. High levels can damage the plant: low levels can lead to nutrient deficiencies.
Identify situations where soil salinity is an issue or where certain moisture and temperature conditions facilitate soil-borne diseases
- Capacitance-type soil moisture sensor
- Carbon ink electrodes provide large measuring surface for electrical conductivity (EC)
- Easy, 1-step EC calibration process
- Can be read with the FieldScout® Soil Sensor Reader (Item 6466) or WatchDog® 2000 and 1000 Series Stations
- Connect up to 4 sensors per station (see the SpecSheet in “Manuals / Literature” for specific station limits)
- WaterScout Calibration Device (Item 6470CAL3V) required unless using Soil Sensor Reader (Item 6466)
Not compatible with 400/200 loggers.